OSUN CEU Global Teaching Fellowship Program at the Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE), Budapest, Hungary
Call for applications for Fall 2023 (September 2023 - January 2024 or AY 23/24 (September 2023 - June 2024)
The Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE) invites applications for Global Teaching Fellowships to teach at ELTE, Budapest, Hungary, for one academic semester (September 2023 - January 2024) or 2023/2024 AY (September 2023 -June 2024). The successful applicant will teach introductory and advanced courses in all fields of science.
Eligible applicants include Ph.D. graduates who received their Ph.D. degree from the CEU or a CIVICA member institution within the last two years and advanced (e.g. ABD all but dissertation) Ph.D. candidates.
ELTE does not list or specify the courses that are available for teaching but welcomes Fellows to teach various subjects. ELTE allows flexibility and the syllabi may be adjusted to the expertise of the selected GTFP Fellow. Based on a comprehensive cooperation agreement between CEU and ELTE, all faculties, schools, and departments can be approached.
At the Faculty of Social Sciences, GTFP Fellows are expected to teach courses in the broad field of international relations.
Questions regarding academic issues can be addressed directly to:
- Head of Institute of Political and International Studies, and Head of the Department of Human Rights and Politics, Professor Balázs Majtényi, majtenyi.balazs “AT” tatk.elte.hu
- Head of the Department of International Relations and European Studies, Dr. Tamas Dezso Ziegler: ziegler.tamas "AT" tatk.elte.hu. Dr. Ziegler can also be contacted for recommendation letters.
- Find the departments of the Institute here: https://polir.elte.hu/depart?m=3534, and a general email address: email@example.com
Endorsement letters for teaching at other faculties should be obtained directly from the head of the respective faculty.
Shall you need support for finding the relevant Department at ELTE please contact Marton Belik, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application material should include the following for all applicants:
- motivation letter
- resume (CV)
- teaching philosophy (1,000 words)
- list of the desired course(s)
- preliminary acceptance letter from ELTE (email or scanned copy)
- One Letter of Reference (email or scanned copy, see details below)
- English language proficiency (see details below) - if the Ph.D. studies were not in English
Applicants who are PhD Candidates at the time of application:
- Endorsement letter from the Supervisor (email or scanned copy) or
- Endorsement letter from the Head of Doctoral Program (email or scanned copy)
Applicants who are PhD graduates:
- One Letter of Reference (email or scanned copy)
Additionally applicants from CIVICA:
- two Letters of Reference (email or scanned copy)
- Research plan and research time-table
- English language proficiency minimum level C1 – if the Ph.D. studies were not in English
Applicants from CIVICA will get a double affiliation in Budapest, with this host institution for teaching, and the CEU Democracy Institute as host institution for research activities. For this reason, applicants who are CIVICA doctoral candidates or recent graduates need to include in their application a research plan and research time-table for the period of their stay in Budapest.
CIVICA GTFP Fellows will have a research supervisor at the CEU Democracy Institute. If there is a Faculty member or Researcher at the CEU Democracy Institute who you think would be a good match, please include this in your application.
Applications to be sent to email@example.com
In the subject of the email please indicate that you are applying for GTFP ELTE.
Application Deadline: March 28, 2023
For information about the application process please contact Marton Belik, CEU Global Teaching Fellowship Program Officer firstname.lastname@example.org