Spend a training period abroad at a partner higher education institution, enterprise or any other relevant workplace in Europe.
Not only students, but faculty and staff members need to be better equipped with the knowledge, skills and competences needed in a dynamically changing society that is increasingly mobile, multicultural and digital. The Erasmus Staff Mobility Program supports, through lifelong learning, the educational, professional and personal development of people in education in Europe and beyond.
Due to the ongoing pandemic situation, the open call for the Erasmus+ Staff Training Mobility program is treated with careful and continuous monitoring of the situation. Please, note that any security or travel restriction by your country of destination must be followed, and that you should plan your travels and stay accordingly.
PRE-REQUISITS OF PARTICIPATION
Eligible applicants, regardless of nationality, must hold an employment contract with CEU PU (CEU GmbH) as their main employer.
Employees of Közép-európai Egyetem (CEU-KEE), CEU Oktatási – Szolgáltató Nonprofit Korlátolt Felelősségű Társaság and Nyílt Oktatás Oktatási-Szolgáltató Nonprofit Korlátolt Felelősségű Társaság are also eligible for the mobility activities within this call, under the same conditions. Their mobilities are funded by Central European University.
The sending and receiving organisations, together with the applicant, must have agreed on the activities to be undertaken prior to the start of the mobility period.
VENUE OF THE ACTIVITY
Mobility activities must be carried out in any Program Country different from the country of the sending organisations and the staff country of residence.
The Erasmus Program Countries are currently the following:
EU Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
Other European Programme Countries: Republic of North Macedonia, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Serbia, Turkey, Switzerland* and the United Kingdom*.
*Limited availability of mobility spots
The receiving organisation must be:
- a Programme Country Higher Education Institution awarded with an ECHE,
- any Programme Country public or private organisation active in the labour market or in the fields of education, training and youth:
- any public or private organisation active in the labour market or in the fields of education, training and youth. For example, such organisation can be:
- a public or private, a small, medium or large enterprise (including social enterprises);
- a public body at local, regional or national level;
- a social partner or other representative of working life, including chambers of commerce, craft/professional associations and trade unions;
- a research institute;
- a foundation;
- a school/institute/educational centre (at any level, from pre-school to upper secondary education, and including vocational education and adult education);
- a non-profit organisation, association, NGO;
- a body providing career guidance, professional counselling and information services;
The following types of organizations are not eligible as host organizations:
- EU institutions and other EU bodies including specialized agencies (their exhaustive list is available on the website: http://europa.eu/about-eu/institutions-bodies/index_en.htm
- organizations managing EU programs (e.g. National Agencies)
Eligible activities abroad:
- Job shadowing
- Practical training
- Study visits
Please, note that conferences are excluded. Specified trainings/educational activities within the frames of conferences/events are eligible.
You may check IMOTION for possible staff training opportunities.
DURATION OF THE MOBILITY
The minimum duration is 2 working days and CEU provides grant for a maximum of 5-6 days. The staff training mobility must be carried out between 15 April and 31 December 2023.
Successful applicants are eligible to receive funds to partially support their visit, which may not cover all the actual expenses incurred.
Funds eligible for Erasmus+ Staff Training Mobility are made up of two components:
• Individual Support (Subsistence) : 105 – 135 EUR/ mobility day (depending on host country)
• Travel Contribution: one time 180 – 360 EUR (depending on distance)
Individual Support (subsistence)
Amount (1-14 days)
Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
up to 135 EUR/day
Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Germany, Greece, France, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain
up to 120 EUR/day
Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Republic of North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey
up to 105 EUR/day
Travel contribution is calculated using a Travel distance calculator supported up by the European Commission. Distance is calculated between start and end location of the mobility in straight lines from one location to another.
The grants will be issued as follows:
Between 10 and 99 KM
23 EUR per participant
Between 100 and 499 KM
180 EUR per participant
Between 500 and 1999 KM
275 EUR per participant
Between 2000 and 2999 KM
360 EUR per participant
Between 3000 and 3999 KM
530 EUR per participant
Beneficiaries proceeding on Erasmus+ Training Mobility should retain boarding cards/train tickets/other travel tickets which need to be submitted along with the documentation of the mobility.
Travel arrangements not directly related to the Erasmus+ Training Mobility such as travel to conferences or any other visits before/after the Erasmus+ mobility will not be considered eligible.
Staff members will receive their regular salaries while away on Erasmus training. Please be advised that the Erasmus grant is a contribution and may not cover all your occurring costs during your mobility period abroad. If possible, your unit may supplement the grant from its own budget.
In order to meet the Austrian employment law regulations, the Erasmus Staff Mobilities (both teaching and training) will be considered and supported as Business Trips, according to the Financial Guidelines of CEU. Your costs will be reimbursed after your return from the mobility under the conditions listed below:
- accommodation and travel costs will be reimbursed based on invoices
- daily per diem will be paid based on your timesheets for the period of the Erasmus mobility
Please note that the amount of the actual grant payment (reimbursement + per diem) may differ from the pre-calculated grant amount.
EXPECTED OUTCOMES OF THE MOBILITY
The mobility activities are expected to produce the following outcomes:
- improved competences, linked to professional profiles
- broader understanding of practices, policies and systems in education, training or youth across countries;
- increased capacity to trigger changes in terms of modernisation and international opening within their educational organisations;
- greater understanding of interconnections between formal and non-formal education, vocational training and the labour market respectively;
- better quality of their work and activities in favour of students, trainees, apprentices, pupils, adult learners, young people and volunteers;
- greater understanding and responsiveness to social, linguistic and cultural diversity;
- increased ability to address the needs of the disadvantaged;
- increased support for and promotion of mobility activities for learners;
- increased opportunities for professional and career development;
- improved foreign language competences;
- increased motivation and satisfaction in their daily work.
- Fill out the Application form. It must be approved by the relevant Head of Services/Department/Office and by the host institution
- Prepare the Work plan. It must contain the overall aim and objectives, expected results, learning activities to be carried out and a detailed program for the training period. It must be approved by both parties before submission. Once completed and signed, upload it to the platform.
- Submit a Recommendation letter from immediate supervisor.
Application deadline: 19 March 2023 11.59 PM (CET)
Applicants must submit one application via the Erasmus Application platform
Applications must be submitted by the given deadlines. Incomplete and late application forms will not be considered.
Applicants will be notified about the application decisions within four weeks after the deadline.
- Formal requirements
- Meet the deadline
- Make sure the application form is completed
- approval of the host institution
- Priority is given to permanent members of staff and those who participate in the Erasmus+ Staff Training Program for the first time
- Requirements regarding content
- Quality of work plan
- Relevance of work plan to the applicant's professional development and performance at CEU
- Results should be expected within a month from the application deadline
- Incomplete and late application packages will not be considered
CEU will endeavor to support as many applications as possible within the limits of the available budget.