Zsuzsa Gábor has been with the CEU since 1997. She is founding Director of the Academic Cooperation and Research Support Office (ACRO) and has acted in this capacity since 2006. She oversees establishing and maintaining strategic partnerships with academic institutions and the management of academic activities, such as the Erasmus and Erasmus Mundus schemes, the CEU Global Teaching Fellowship Program and numerous bi-lateral teaching and mobility exchange projects. She has been instrumental in setting up internal procedures and policies regarding the administration of externally funded education and research projects and she has trained many project administrators at the CEU. Under her leadership ACRO contributed to a 10-fold increase in competitive external funding, including 13 European Research Council Grants and over 100 collaborative and other research projects funded by the European Commission, US Government, international organizations and various private foundations. At the Center for Policy Studies between 2000-2006 Ms Gabor gained experience in managing multi-donor, international research projects and she contributed to establishing the Department of Public Policy, including obtaining external funding for staff and student costs. Between 1997-2000 she was Head of Public Services at the CEU Library at a time when the Library was moved to the Nadur utca campus, and its procedures of lending, training and inter-library services were developed.
Prior to taking up employment with the CEU, she worked as an art historian for the Hungarian National Gallery and as editor and translator for various art history books written in English.
- Vice President for Academic Cooperation and Research Management 2020-present
- Director, Academic Cooperation and Research Support Office, 2006-2020
- Senior Program Manager, Center for Policy Studies, 2004-2006
- Program Manager of Administration and Finance, Center for Policy Studies, 2000-2004
- Head of Public Services, Central European University Budapest Library, 1997-2000
- Instructor, International Studies Center at Budapest University of Economic Sciences, 1997-1999
- Curator, Hungarian National Gallery, Department of 19th-20th Century Prints and Drawings, 1992-1997
- Editor, Corvina Publishing Co., Budapest, 1988-1993.
Selection of publications:
- "The Illustrations for the Poems of József Kiss" The Art of Nagybánya. Exhibition Catalogue. The Hungarian National Gallery. Budapest, 1996 (in Hungarian and English)
- "Fin-de-siecle Hungarian Graphic Art" Budapest 1896-1914. Modernité hongroise et peinture européenne. Musée des Beux-Arts de Dijon, 1995 (in French)
- "The Graphic Arts of József Rippl-Rónai" Rippl-Rónai. Exhibition Catalogue. The Hungarian National Gallery. Budapest, 1998 (in Hungarian and English)