Erasmus+ Study Mobility: Application process
STEP 1: Get prepared
- Find out where you can go. You must choose a host institution which holds and Erasmus+ Inter-Institutional Agreement with your home department at CEU. Check CEU's Erasmus website for partner institutions listed by department or by country
- Identify your study or research area. You should check all academic requirements with your supervisor for your time abroad including confirmation of courses that you will need to study abroad
- Check the courses that the host university offer, check the language of teaching/ assessment/ the academic calendar including exams. Ask for advise on requirements and suitable options
- Speak to Erasmus students. Exchange experiences, best practices, tips and useful info for a better overview
STEP 2: Make a decision
- Select your host institution - Please, note that you can apply for one university only!
- Contact relevant faculty/department for course information and requirements
STEP 3: Prepare your application package
- Applications can be submitted electronically through the Application Platform (Application platform will be opened soon)
- Prepare the Study Plan (see attached at the bottom of this page): fill out the form, enter the courses you wish to attend at the host institution, sign it yourself and have it signed by your supervisor / head of department
- Write a motivation letter providing answers to the following questions:
• Reasons for choosing the specific host university
• Which courses/study program would you like to attend? Why?
• How will these courses contribute to your studies at CEU?
• What is the expected outcome of the mobility regarding your career plans?
- Get recommendation letters from two CEU Professors. Letters can be sent via email only by the recommender to email@example.com, with a subject: "Recommendation Letter_Name of the Applicant". Contents of the recommendation letter may include:
- The applicant's studies, skills, experiences that are relevant for the program
- Why the applicant is suitable for the program and how can he/she benefit from it
- Anything outstanding about the applicant, e.g. relevant beyond classroom activities, presentations, publications, previous engagements, experiences, particular talents, etc.
- Brief description of the applicant's personal qualities
- For further help or tips, please visit https://homes.cs.washington.edu/~mernst/advice/write-recommendation.html
- Prepare an unofficial copy of your Transcript of Records
- Prepare your CV
STEP 4: Submit your application package
- Fill out and submit the online application form on the Application Platform
- Upload all required documents to the Application Platform (make sure to have signed where necessary)
• Study Plan
• Motivation Letter
• Transcript of Records (Unofficial copy accepted)
- Make sure that your 2 Letters of Recommendation have been sent to the Erasmus Office
- Applications must be submitted not later than by midnight March 1, 2019
- Late, incomplete and/or e-mailed application forms will not be considered
- Applicants will be notified about the application decisions within five weeks after the deadline
If you have questions, comments or queries, do not hesitate to contact CEU Erasmus Office:
Ms. Dorottya Urai
Tel: +36 1 327 3000 x 2616
Academic Cooperation and Research Support Office (ACRO) – Erasmus Office
József Attila u. 24. 1st floor, room 1/1–103