Foundations - grants, fellowships
Fritz Thyssen Foundation
The Fritz Thyssen Foundation supports:
- Research projects for certain amounts of time
- Young researchers with doctoral degrees through the award of grants
- Smaller research and scientific conferences
- International scholarship and exchange programmes
- To a certain extent the publication of the results of research work for which resources have been apportioned
Types of Support and next deadlines:
- Support of Projects- February 15, 2017
- Conferences- February 28; May 31; August 31; November 30, 2017
- Stipends- Continuous
- Travel Subsidies- Continuous
- Printing Subsidies- Continuous
- Library Subsidies- Continuous
Bronislaw Geremek Fellowships 2016/2017 for polich scholars
The program will enable Polish senior and junior researchers to work on a research project of their choice at the IWM. The fellowships are open to all academic disciplines in the humanities and social sciences. Fellows will spend 10 months from September 2016 to June 2017 at the IWM to pursue their research projects while working in residence.
Senior Visiting Fellows will receive a stipend of EUR 3,800 per month, Junior Visiting Fellows will receive a stipend of EUR 1,800 per month and are provided with an office, access to e-mail and internet, research and administrative facilities as well as other services free of charge.
Application deadline: To be announced.
Please visit www.iwm.at/fellowships/geremek to see all relevant details about eligibility, application procedure etc.
Milena Jesenská FELLOWSHIPS 2015/2016 FOR journalists
The program offers European cultural journalists (incl. Turkey, Georgia, Armenia, and Azerbaijan) time off from their professional duties in order to pursue in-depth research on a topic of their choice.
Fellows will spend 3 months at the IWM in Vienna, Austria. They will receive a stipend of EUR 2,500 per month and are provided with an office, access to e-mail and internet, administrative and research facilities as well as other services free of charge. Travel grants of up to EUR 1,900 can be paid for research trips to neighboring countries.
Application deadline: February 6, 2017
Further details and online application please visit: www.iwm.at/fellowships/jesenska/