ERASMUS+ Study Mobility Grant Open Call for applications
Within the Erasmus+ Key Action 1 – Mobility of Individuals, opportunities are provided for students to undertake a study period abroad at a Higher Education Institution awarded with an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education and having signed an inter-institutional agreement with CEU before the mobility takes place. The receiving institution must be located in an Erasmus+ Program Country*. Please, consult the list of current partner universities by Departments
CEU students may spend 1 or 2 semesters or terms (a period of 2 months up to a maximum of 12 months) at a partner university under the Erasmus+ Study Mobility Program. Students receive a grant, which is a contribution to travel and the cost of living and studying in another country. Students are selected for an Erasmus+ Study Mobility on the basis of academic ability and the relevance of the proposed study plan to their studies at CEU. Participants are exempted to pay tuition at the host university in the Erasmus+ Study Mobility Program. Small fees for insurance or student union membership may still apply. In case the student pays a Tuition fee at CEU, this must be continued during the Erasmus+ participation.
Please be informed that participation in the Erasmus+ program is conditional on the possibility of physical international mobility to the country of the chosen receiving university. Also, please note that remote study periods executed online are not eligible in the frames of this open call.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that due to the uncertainties arising from the current global health situation, we cannot guarantee that it will actually be possible to fund a study mobility period, even if the application is selected for financial support from the Erasmus+ funds. Please be aware that final approval of the study mobility award and actual disbursal of funds will depend on the possibility of physical mobility to the receiving country, as well as on regional, national, and organizational measures.
Application deadline: March 6, 2022 11.59 PM (CET)
WHO CAN APPLY?
Bachelor*, two-year Masters, and Doctoral students**, regardless of their nationality, who are enrolled at CEU PU are eligible to receive an Erasmus study mobility grant. The applicant must be a degree-seeking student at CEU at the time of the application and must remain enrolled during the entire study period abroad. Students are expected to return at the end of the study period and complete their program at CEU.
Please note that the following students are ineligible to apply:
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship holders
- MUNDUS MAPP students
- Doctoral Research Support Grant and CEU Write-Up Grant recipients or those receiving funding from their academic program in relation to their study period
- non-degree students: visiting or exchange status at CEU
*BA students: at the beginning of your stay abroad you must be in the 3rd year of your degree programme.
**PhD students: Who completed at least two semesters at CEU.
LOCATION OF THE ACTIVITY
Students must carry out their mobility activity in a Program Country different from Austria.
*The Erasmus Program Countries are currently the following:
Member States of the European Union (EU): Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden
Non-EU Program Countries: North Macedonia, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Serbia, Turkey
Special Countries: Switzerland*, United Kingdom**
The receiving institution must be a Program Country higher education institution awarded with an Erasmus Charter for Higher Education, having signed an inter-institutional agreement with CEU. For the current list of CEU partner institutions, please visit: https://acro.ceu.edu/erasmus-partner-universities
*SEMP Mobility Program - Please note that the EU has suspended Switzerland's participation in the Erasmus+ programme. The student exchange with partner universities will be continued in the framework of the new «Swiss-European Mobility Programme (SEMP)» with bilateral exchange agreements. The scholarships for students are provided by the participating Swiss universities. General information about SEMP can also be found on the website of the national agency for exchange and mobility Movetia. Please check the chosen partner university's website for more information on funding opportunities.
**Please, note that list of partner universities in the UK is currently very limited.
DURATION AND SCOPE OF THE ACTIVITY
- The minimum duration of a study period abroad is 2 months, or 1 academic term or trimester; the maximum duration possible according to the program is 12 months.
- The study mobility period must be carried out between 1 August 2022 and 31 July 2023.
- For the sake of the equitable distribution of available resources, financial support for a longer mobility period than 5 months cannot be guaranteed. However, it is possible to apply for a longer period of stay.
- The duration is calculated from the first day the student is required to be at the organization. The end date is the last date they need to be present.
- Erasmus+ is a full-time study programme, i.e. we recommend that you take classes worth 30 ECTS per semester. The reimbursement threshold for the mobility grant depends on the duration of your stay but consists of at least 3 recognised ECTS credits per study month abroad. (only the ECTS recognised by CEU count!)
- Priority will be given to students participating in the program for the first time (during their CEU studies) and to those choosing a destination country different from their home country/country of permanent residence.
Selected applicants are eligible to receive a grant to partially support their mobility, thus may not cover all the actual expenses incurred. Students are responsible for making all their travel, accommodation, and related arrangements. The amount of the grant is set by the Erasmus Program and depends on the receiving country. It is calculated at a monthly rate, where one month is equivalent to 30 days. In the case of incomplete months, the number of days is multiplied by 1/30.
Based on country rates, the amount of the grant is:
- 480 EUR/month for Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxemburg, Norway, and Sweden
- 430 EUR/month for Belgium, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Malta, Portugal, Spain, and The Netherlands
- 380 EUR/month for Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Turkey
The grant will be paid in two installments: 80% pre-financing upon the signature of the grant contract but not sooner than the start of the Study Mobility. 20% is transferred at the end of the mobility period, pending receipt by the Erasmus Office of all documentation and the submission of the online EU survey. All payments are processed through bank transfer in EUR.
AWARD RECIPIENT OBLIGATIONS
Students who will receive an Erasmus+ grant will fully or partially reimburse the EU grant if they do not comply with the terms of the grant contract and fail to complete the study mobility and submit the required documentation at the end of their visit (unless they were prevented from completing their planned activities abroad due to a case of force majeure). Erasmus Office must be notified about any changes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take a look at the chosen partner university's website for incoming exchange students. It is important to find out, either by exploring the homepage of the partner institution or directly communicating with them, whether the partner institution offers courses that are related to your field of study and taught at the study level and in the language suitable for you.
For a successful application you are required to:
- Fill out and save the Application Form on the Application Platform
- Write a one-page long motivation letter providing answers to the following questions and upload it to the Application Platform:
- Reasons for choosing the specific host university
- Which courses/study program would you like to attend? Why?
- How will these courses contribute to your studies at CEU?
- What is the expected outcome of the mobility regarding your career plans?
- Prepare the Study Plan: It is advisable to list an alternative in your application - you can list up to 2 preferred partner universities in the study plan. Enter the courses and/or activities you wish to attend at the host institution on the form and have it signed by your Head of Department, Program Head, or Thesis supervisor at your CEU Department. Upload it to the Application Platform.
- Get a recommendation letter from a CEU Professor. Letters can be sent via email only by the recommender to email@example.com, with a subject: “Recommendation Letter_Name of the Applicant”.
- Contents of the recommendation letter may include:
- The applicant's studies, skills, experiences that are relevant for the program
- Why the applicant is suitable for the program and how can he/she benefit from it
- Anything outstanding about the applicant, e.g. relevant beyond classroom activities, presentations, publications, previous engagements, experiences, particular talents, etc.
- Brief description of the applicant's personal qualities
- Further helps and tips
- I hereby acknowledge that I have obtained the explicit consent of my referees to transfer their personal data to CEU in support of the evaluation of my application
- Upload an unofficial copy of your Transcript of Records to the Application Platform
- Students who are currently enrolled at CEU may download their own unofficial transcripts of records via the SITS e:Vision Portal.
- To download your unofficial transcript log in to e:Vision, then click on My Student Page – Academic/ My courses and grades/Download unofficial transcript.
- Prepare your CV and upload it to the Application Platform
- Applications related to study mobility in the student’s home country or country of residence require additional documentation in the form of proof of student accommodation during the study period. It is not possible to apply for an internship in Austria or in the country where the student maintains their accommodation during their CEU studies.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
- Applications can be submitted electronically through the Application Platform
- Applications must be submitted not later than by midnight March 6, 2022 (CET)
- Late, incomplete, handwritten, and/or e-mailed application packages cannot be considered
- Applicants will be notified about the application decisions within four weeks after the deadline
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or queries
Ms. Dorottya Urai
Tel: +36 1 327 3000 x 2616