Erasmus+ Study Mobility: Application process
STEP 1: Get prepared
- Find out where you can go. You must choose a host institution which holds and Erasmus+ Inter-Institutional Agreement with your home department at CEU. Check CEU's Erasmus website for partner institutions listed by department or by country
- Identify your study or research area. You should check all academic requirements with your supervisor for your time abroad including confirmation of courses that you will need to study abroad
- Check the courses that the host university offer, check the language of teaching/ assessment/ the academic calendar including exams. Ask for advise on requirements and suitable options
- Speak to Erasmus students. Exchange experiences, best practices, tips and useful info for a better overview
STEP 2: Make a decision
- Select your host institution
- Contact relevant faculty/department for course information and requirements
STEP 3: Prepare your application package
- Prepare the Study Plan (see attached at the bottom of this page): fill out the form, enter the courses you wish to attend at the host institution, sign it yourself and have it signed by your supervisor / head of department
- Write a motivation letter providing answers to the following questions:
- Why have you chosen this specific university?
- Which courses/study program would you like to attend? Why?
- How will these courses contribute to your studies at CEU?
- After returning to CEU, how will you be able to apply or make use of the learned skills, competences?
- What is the expected outcome of the mobility regarding your future career?
- • Get two recommendation letters from CEU supervisor/lecturer, etc. Letters can be sent via email only by the recommender to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject: "Recommendation Letter_Name of the Applicant". Contents of the recommendation letter may include:
- The applicant's studies, skills, experiences that are relevant for the program
- Why the applicant is suitable for the program and how can he/she benefit from it
- Anything outstanding about the applicant, e.g. relevant beyond classroom activities, presentations, publications, previous engagements, experiences, particular talents, etc.
- Brief description of the applicant's personal qualities
- For further help or tips, please visit https://homes.cs.washington.edu/~mernst/advice/write-recommendation.html
- Prepare a copy of your Transcript of Records
- Prepare your CV
STEP 4: Submit your application package
- Fill out and submit the online application form
- Upload all required documents (make sure to have signed where necessary)
• Study Plan
• Motivation Letter
• Transcript of Records (Unofficial copy accepted)
- Make sure that your Letters of Recommendation have been sent to the Erasmus Office
- Applications must be submitted not later than February 28, 2018
- Incomplete and/or e-mailed application forms will not be accepted
- Late applications will not be considered
- Applicants will be notified about the application decisions within 5 (five) weeks after the deadline
If you have questions, comments or queries, do not hesitate to contact CEU Erasmus Office:
Ms. Dorottya Urai
Tel: +36 1 327 3000 x 2616
Academic Cooperation and Research Support Office (ACRO) – Erasmus Office
József Attila u. 24. 1st floor, room 1/1–103
OFFICE HOURS AY 2017/18:
TUESDAYS: 2.00 PM – 3.30 PM
WEDNESDAYS: 10.00 AM – 12.00 PM
THURSDAYS: 2.00 PM – 3.30 PM
FRIDAYS: 10.00 AM – 12.00 PM