Erasmus Staff Training Week 2016
Central European University cordially invites you to our first Erasmus Staff Training Week, which takes place between 11 – 15 April, 2016 in Budapest, Hungary.
We are pleased to welcome you to a truly international university in the heart of Europe. The range of programs the staff week offers will enable you to have a deeper glimpse into the daily operation of a research intensive graduate university, with students coming from nearly 100 countries and faculty members from 58, and no dominant nationality.
CEU ERASMUS STAFF WEEK
11 – 15 April, 2016
MANAGING A GLOBAL UNIVERSITY: WHAT DOES IT TAKE?
Higher education in Europe is becoming ever more international, with increased mobility of students, faculty, staff and researchers. Central European University has been a truly international university over its 25 years of existence with students coming from over 100 and faculty members from 58 countries.
We are pleased to invite you to learn best practices in all aspects of international education from a global university within the frames of the Erasmus Staff Training Week.
WHICH TOPICS WILL BE DICUSSED?
- Trends in internationalization of higher education in Europe
- Experience and best practices in recruiting graduate students from across the globe
- Effective tools for evaluation in admissions
- Promoting a vibrant international student life on campus
- Challenges of international staff recruitment and management
- Collaborative education projects and research partnership in an international academic environment
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE EVENT?
- We are curious where you come from: interactive 'Get together' event
- An overview about higher education in Central and Eastern Europe
- Internationalization topics, practical tips on implementation
- Erasmus+ at CEU: KA1, KA2 and KA3 within and outside Europe
- Global academic cooperation: how to collaborate beyond the EU HE area
- Human Resource issues: how to administrate international staff
- 'Student Life Cycle' from recruitment to alumni: ideas and tips
- 'Meet your counterpart' individual job shadowing
- Networking events in World Heritage sites in Budapest
We invite administrators of universities in the early stage of their internationalization process who are interested in the administrative background of institutional structures.
HOW to apply?
We are able to accept 30 applications, applicants will be informed about participation within 3 weeks after the application deadline. Writing a good quality, well detailed, motivated application contributes to your chances of being selected for the event. Please note that we will not send any letters of acceptance before the application deadline.
PARTICIPATION FEE, ACCOMODATION, MEALS, TRANSPORTATION?
- The participation fee is 250€, which includes:
» Welcome Package
» Welcome cruise and dinner on the Danube river
» 7 days public transport pass in Budapest» Coffee breaks and lunches
» Networking events
» Farewell dinner
» Certificate of Attendance
- Accommodation and travels costs are individually arranged by applicants. We are pleased to provide assistance in accommodation arrangements.
- For further information, please contact Ms. Anna Szathmari or Ms. Dorottya Urai at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: Nador u. 9.| 1051 Budapest, Hungary
- Office address: Jozsef Attila u. 24. Room 101| 1051 Budapest, Hungary
- Office: + 36 1 327-3000 ext. 2018