Conference Support - Fritz Thyssen Foundation
Fritz Thyssen Stiftung / Fritz Thyssen Foundation
The Foundation supports scholarly events, in particular national and international conferences with the aim of facilitating the discussion and analysis of specific scholarly questions as well as fostering cooperation and networking of scholars working in the same field or on interdisciplinary topics.
An application can be filed in the following areas of support:
- History, Language & Culture
- The interdisciplinary field "Image and Imagery"
- State, Economy and Society
- The interdisciplinary field "International Relations"
- Medicine and the Natural Sciences
The award amount is unspecified. Financial resources can be applied for to cover
- travel expenses (rail travel 2nd class, air travel economy class), broken down according to speakers,
- costs of accommodation and
- meal costs for active participants/speakers and
- to a limited extent, generally up to €500, resources to defray incidental conference costs (printing of flyers and posters, conference support by student helpers or assistants, etc.).
Applications can generally only be accepted if they come from a university or a non-profit research institution. Applicants must have a doctoral degree.
Congresses or larger conferences or sections within the framework of symposiums, annual conferences, etc., or purely doctoral workshops or summer schools cannot be supported.
Feb 28, 2016
May 31, 2016
Aug 31, 2016
Nov 30, 2016
For more information click here: