The CEU Global Teaching Fellowship Program at American University of Central Asia (AUCA) located in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, is inviting applications for the AY 2021/2022 for teaching positions in the following programs/departments:
1. General Education - First Year and Second Year Seminars, English Composition. The candidates should expect and be prepared for writing-intensive teaching. A great opportunity to teach a thematic course on key texts in arts, humanities, and social-sciences in a seminar format. Syllabus and readings are prepared by FYS director. For Second Year Seminar applicants should submit a title and one-paragraph description (250 words) for a sophomore-level class on a topic related to their teaching and research expertise, but in such a way that it is a) interdisciplinary, and b) appealing to students from different disciplinary background.
2. European Studies - the following courses: European Integration and External Relations (fall), Multicultural Society: Religious and Social Conflicts (fall), Social Europe (spring), Extremism and Democracy in Europe (spring). Supervision of two students' Senior Thesis during the academic year is also a part of the teaching load.
3. School of Enterpreneurship and Business Administration - the following courses:
Bachelor: Risk Management (fall), Leadership Negotiations (fall), Business Communications (fall), Entrepreneurship (fall), Strategic Management (spring), Project management (spring), Ethics, Commerce and Society (spring).
MBA: Leadership (fall), Enterprise Risk Management (fall), Management Communications (fall), Strategic Management (spring), Project management (spring), Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility (spring).
4. Sociology - the following courses: Contemporary Social Theory I and II (fall and spring, MA courses), Quantitative Research Methods (spring), Big Data Modeling and Management Systems (spring)
5. Journalism and Mass Communication - courses TBD
The fellowships are for the whole academic year 2021/22 (10 months - August to May). Fellows who will have not received the PhD by the beginning of AY 2021/22 can teach maximum two courses/semester. Those who already have the PhD might be required to teach 3 courses/semester. CEU Global Teaching Fellows are also expected to contribute to the academic life of the community, advise students and participate in talks and other departmental activities.
Eligibility: CEU doctoral candidates beyond their 3rd year of studies and doctoral graduates who have earned their PhD no earlier than 2019.
The application should include:
- Motivation letter (please indicate what courses you could teach);
- Teaching philosophy (1,000 words);
- Two Letters of Reference;
- Endorsement from the department if the applicant has not received the PhD (email of support from the head of doctoral studies).
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by EXTENDED DEADLINE: April 10, 2021
Please indicate in the subject of the email for what position you are applying.
For inquiries, please email Monica Jitareanu at email@example.com.