OSUN CEU Global Teaching Fellowship Program at the American University of Central Asia (AUCA), Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Call for applications for Spring 2024 semester (January – May 2024) or Spring and Fall Semesters in 2024 (January - July 2024).
OSUN CEU Global Teaching Fellowship Program at the American University of Central Asia (AUCA) located in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, is inviting applications for the Spring 2024 semester (January - May 2024) or Spring and Fall 2024 semesters. Please note that depending on the needs, the programs might hire a fellow until June or July 2024.
(Please, also check the excel file uploaded at the end of this page.)
Eligible applicants include Ph.D. graduates who received their Ph.D. degree from the CEU, CIVICA and relevant OSUN member institution within the last two years and advanced (e.g. ABD all but dissertation) Ph.D. candidates in the fields relevant for departments listed below.
The successful candidate(s) will teach up to two courses conducted in the English language, which will be set by AUCA, in agreement with the Fellow. The Fellow will also have the possibility to offer one course on his/her special area of expertise, in coordination with AUCA Department. Candidates should discuss the Syllabus of their specialized course with their supervisor and AUCA Department in advance.
A list of departemnts fileds, and academic contact persons can be found at the bottom of this page.
1. Department of International and Comparative Politics (ICP)
(a) Required Course: Research Methods in Political Science (both quantitative and qualitative)
(b) Required Course: Intro to Comparative Politics
(c) Elective Courses in Comparative Politics in the areas of Latin America, Africa, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
(d) Elective Courses in 200 levels: (i.) Diplomatic History or (ii.) International Organizations
(e) Elective Course in 400 levels on the Politics of Environment such as Governance of Environment and Sustainability
(f) Other Elective Courses at any level depending on the fellow's expertise.
With academic-related questions feel free to reach out to Gorkem Atsungur, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Department of Journalism and Mass Communication (JMC)
Investigative Journalism (spring), Gender and Media (spring), Research and Writing (spring)
With academic-related questions feel free to reach out to Aizhana Dzhumalieva, email@example.com
3. MA Program in Central Asian Studies (MACAS)
A required graduate level introductory course on Central Asia e.g.:
Central Asian Politics and / or a related elective course (fall), International Relations and Central Asia and /or a related elective course (spring), elective courses on politics, culture, history, or environment of Central Asia (fall and spring)
With academic-related questions feel free to reach out to Svetlana Jacquesson, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. School of Entrepreneurship and Business Administration (MBA) Bachelor and MBA: Strategic Management (spring), Marketing (spring), Sales and Marketing (spring).
Bachelor: Risk Management (fall), Leadership Negotiations (fall), Business Communications (fall), Entrepreneurship (fall), Strategic Management (spring), Project management (spring), Ethics, Commerce and Society (spring).
MBA: Leadership (fall), Enterprise Risk Management (fall), Management Communications (fall), Strategic Management (spring), Project management (spring), Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility (spring).
With academic-related questions feel free to reach out to Urmat Ryskulov, email@example.com
5. Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) seamlessly integrates four components: foundational education theories, disciplinary content knowledge, mentored practicum in pedagogy, and academic and action research. The curriculum balances content area pedagogy with an understanding of learning and adolescent development.
With academic-related questions feel free to reach out to Elizabeth Alibaeva (Davis), firstname.lastname@example.org
6. For TV Cinema, Arts (TCMA), needed course in need: Colour Grading
With academic-related questions feel free to reach out to Adilet Karzhoev email@example.com
The fellowships are for one or several (consecutive) semesters starting in January 2024, successful applicants can opt for one or several semesters. Fellows who will have not received the Ph.D. by the beginning of January 2024 can teach a maximum of two courses/semester. Those who already have a Ph.D. might be required to teach 3 courses/semester. CEU Global Teaching Fellows are also expected to contribute to the academic life of the community, advise students and participate in talks and other departmental activities.
Applications should include:
- motivation letter
- resume (CV)
- teaching philosophy (1,000 words)
- list of proposed course(s)
- one Letter of Reference (see details below)
- English language proficiency (see details below)
Applicants who are CEU Ph.D. Candidates at the time of application:
- Endorsement letter from the Supervisor (email or scanned copy)
- or Endorsement letter from the Head of the Doctoral Program (email or scanned copy)
Applicants who are CEU Ph.D. graduates:
- One Letter of Reference
From OSUN, CIVICA applicants:
- One Letter of Reference (email or scanned copy)
- English language proficiency minimum level C1 – if the Ph.D. studies were not in English
Please submit applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject of the email please indicate that you are applying for: GTFP AUCA
Application Deadline: October 30, 2023