Call for Applications - American University of Central Asia
The CEU Global Teaching Fellowship Program at American University of Central Asia (AUCA) located in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, is inviting applications for the AY 2020/2021 for teaching positions in the following programs/departments:
1. General Education - First Year and Second Year Seminars, English Composition.
2. International and Comparative Politics – Introduction to International Relations (fall) Introduction to Political Economy (spring)
3. MA in Central Asian Studies - the following courses: Introduction to Central Asia (fall),
Development in Central Asia (spring)
4. School of Enterpreneurship and Business Administration - Finance, Marketing, Economics, and Entrepreneurship.
5. Environmental Management and Sustainable Development - Applied Ecology: Interaction, Relationship, Conservation (fall), Wildlife Conservation (spring)
6. Television Cinema and Media Arts - 1) Effective Storytelling for the Media 2) English Writing and Conversation Lab 3) Philosophical Ideas Explored in Film 4) Depictions of Medieval Culture in Film 5) Classes in Radio and or Podcasting 6) Audio Production 7) Social Media 8) Film Lighting 9) Ethics of Artistic Production 10) Artistic Research Methods
The fellowships are for the whole academic year 2020/21 (10 months - August to May). Fellows who will have not received the PhD by the beginning of AY 2020/21 can teach maximum two courses/semester. Those who already have the PhD might be required to teach 3 courses/semester. CEU Global Teaching Fellows are also expected to contribute to the academic life of the community, advise students and participate in talks and other departmental activities.
Eligibility: CEU doctoral candidates beyond their 3rd year of studies and doctoral graduates who have earned their PhD no earlier than 2018.
The application should include:
- Motivation letter (please indicate what courses you could teach);
- Teaching philosophy (1,000 words);
- Two Letters of Reference;
- Endorsement from the department if the applicant has not received the PhD (email of support from the head of doctoral studies).
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2020. Please indicate in the subject of the email for what position you are applying.
For inquiries, please email Monica Jitareanu at email@example.com.